Definitions and Notification of Changes
Moo and the Magpie may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Moo and the Magpie. Your continued use of Moo and the Magpie.co.uk after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- You must be 18 years of age or older or you will not be able to enter into a legally binding contract to buy or sell via Moo and the Magpie.
- You must not use Moo and the Magpie for any illegal or unauthorized purpose and you agree to comply with all ‘local’ laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content such as libel law and must comply with all local jurisdiction.
- You must not breach any laws, sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trade mark or other rights of third parties.
- You must not threaten, intimidate, harass or otherwise abuse any other Moo and the Magpie user.
- You are responsible for maintaining that the content you submit is your own and is not owned by others.
- You must not modify or adapt or ‘hack’ Moo and the Magpie.co.uk or seek to create another website or communication to users that implies it is associated to Moo and the Magpie.co.uk
- You must not produce unwanted communications [spam] to other users of Moo and the Magpie.
- You must not transmit or seek to transmit any viruses orwormsor any code that seeks to alter the behaviour of the Moo and the Magpie site or that is in any way destructive.
- Under no circumstances will Moo and the Magpie Ltd. be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; © loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Moo and the Magpie regardless of the form of action.
Goods for Sale – Handmade
- If you seek to sell products then all goods sold as “handmade” must be deemed not to have been produced through “mass production” methods and must be the original design or produce of the seller.
Content and Copyright
- You [“the user”] in using Moo and the Magpie allow Moo and the Magpie the right to re-use, edit, modify, re-purpose and re-publish the content. “You” retain rights over copyright of all such content yet provide a license for Moo and the Magpie to use this content both on and offline in perpetuity (see also point 27.).
- You must not post, list or upload false, inaccurate, misleading or defamatory content (including personal information).
- You must not copy, modify, or distribute Moo and the Magpie’s copyrighted works or trade marks, or other content from the Site, without our express consent.
- As editor, Moo and the Magpie may change or remove content (“content” includes, for example, items, item descriptions, and other information on the site).
- By submitting your content you grant Moo and the Magpie a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. This will enable us to reproduce your work for the purposes of marketing the service and your work [for example: ‘adverts’; blog posts; printed and web related marketing material; books etc.].
- Your content must be your own original work which you have the right to make available and is not defamatory, does not infringe any law and indemnify Moo and the Magpie against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Moo and the Magpie as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
Sales and Returns
- You must pay for items purchased by you, unless the seller has made a clear typographical error or you cannot authenticate the seller’s identity. You and you alone are liable for paying the seller if you commit to buy an item.
- You must post items purchased from you after receipt of payment in the time frame specified in the listing.
Data and Privacy
- You must not solicit for new business on Moo and the Magpie or use Moo and the Magpie.co.uk to send unsolicited communications except to ask or inform others about Moo and the Magpie business (items, postage etc.). Any such action will result in your account being deleted and possible action taken with your company or ISP(internet service provider).
Changes to the Service
- Moo and the Magpie retains the right to terminate or change the service for any reason at any time without notice.
Marketing and Linking
- You shall not link out from Moo and the Magpie to your own shop or other selling platform. Moo and the Magpie is to be primarily used as a platform for selling and not as a lead generator / marketing platform for your own site or other services and platforms.
- You agree to pay the fees set out in our Fees Policy below.
The Fees Policy
Sales and Returns Policy
Makers Responsibility Policy
If you break the above terms then your account will be suspended and possibly terminated. Moo and the Magpie seeks to promote legal activity and well behaved conduct on its site however, you understand and agree in using the site that Moo and the Magpie is a ‘place’ and is not responsible for the content posted on the site and that you may be exposed to content and behaviour that contravenes the above Terms and as such you use the Moo and the Magpie service at your own risk.